Objective and Goals
The main objectives of Generation Next will be to provide support to underserved students to help them achieve college admission, integrate into college life, and complete a post-secondary program. The following metrics will be accomplished:
GOAL: Increase the rate of college admissions for high school graduates of color.
- Offer the Generation Next program at Easton Area High School to 40 students (grades 11 and 12) and their parents/guardians.
- Work with 5 local colleges to help 20 students enter into enrichment programs at these institutions, including summer bridge programs, college preparatory programs, and internships.
- Maintain a 90% retention rate for students in the programs.
- Ensure 100% of participants will be on pace to graduate.
- Ensure 100% of participants take the SAT or an equivalent test.
- Ensure 90% of the high school seniors will be accepted into a college or university.
- Mentor and provide supportive services to 20 college or university students who completed the Generation Next high school program.